Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sharlene Knows How To Control The Mouse

After teaching and guiding Sharlene for some time, she finally can control the mouse independently. At first, I have to sit next to her, direct and click on the mouse for her while she looks at the screen whenever she’s having fun with the computer. Her favorite children websites is Sesame Street and she loves the character, Elmo the most! She gets really addicted to the games at this website and loves to play it over and over again. I only switch on the PC for her when I’m at home during the weekends and limit her usage for just ½ hour. Nowadays, she often exceeds the 1/2 hour limit. Since now she knows how to press the keyboard, move the mouse, position it to where she wants to go and click on the mouse perfectly (so far only at Sesame Street website), I can leave her at the computer upstairs while I get some of my things done. But it’s only FOR A WHILE before she clicks on something else and starts yelling for Mummmmy !! and I’m like a mad woman running towards the computer to see what she has done to my PC.

Sharlene has a book on computer learning given by her kindy. If I’m not mistaken, hubby paid a fee for that as well. These days, kids are exposed to modern technology at such a tender age. During my time there wasn’t any syllabus like computer learning in the kindergarten. Time has certainly changed now. But at least she knows the basic thing like identifying some main component of a PC such as the keyboard, the screen, speaker and of course, the mouse. I’m certainly proud of her achievement again.

A couple of weeks ago while Sharlene was at the PC, I wanted to snap a photo of her and asked her to give me a nice smile but look at what she gave me instead.....


......her mischievous look and cheeky grin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

all our kids will grow up with the internet from young... what a different world compared to our childhood.

Fussy mum said...

Hi mc, Nice to see u here again. Children nowadays are so lucky to grow up in the world we live in now.

Administrator said...

heehee..look at that cheeky look on her face....so cute neh

Health Freak Mommy said...

Clever girl! Hahaha, look at that cheeky grin :)

Adrine said...

Yeah, kids are so "advanced" nowadays. I was much, much older than Sharlene b4 I could use the computer!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin