Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Change In Sleeping Routine

Sharlene’s sleeping routine has a slight adjustment since the start of the year-end school holidays. She is enjoying every moment of it as she gets to eat more, play more with her cousin sister and watch more cartoons for the past 2 weeks. This hyperactive girl of mine is forever reluctant to go up the bedroom early.

I've been allowing her to sleep slightly later than her usual time since now is the school holidays and she normally wakes up late in the morning. By 9pm I will summon her to the bedroom. Once she's inside the bedroom there will be another round of playing hide and seek with daddy where both of them will mess up my bed, sometimes a quiet reading session with her, or she will play with her toys and puzzles before she takes her last bottle of milk. I will then switch off the room lights when the bottle of milk is given to her.

She sleeps on our king size bed, in between hubby and me. All along she has been sleeping on her own bed in our room but lately she insists on sleeping with us on our bed. Haizz…. really have no idea as to when she will go back to her own bed. I am waiting for hubby to clear up my back room (which looks more like a storeroom to me) so that we can do up that room for Sharlene. I think she's big enough to sleep on her own now, isn't she?

Besides sleeping on my bed, she loves to put her toys on my bed, play, jump and roll on it.

The other night after she managed to button up her vest, she jumped onto my bed and requested me to snap a photo of her.


She raised up her legs and happily said Mummy, come and take a photo of me.

7 comments:

Oliveoylz said...

She sure looks happy on your bed...my son still sleeps in our bedroom, but thank goodness he's no more sleeping in btw us...

Mummy Gwen said...

Sharlene is so adorable. She is a big girl now and she knows how to delay bedtime huh..hehe. I would probably end up having the same prob as you when Gwen is older coz sure she would make alot of requests..hehe

Something About Us said...

she is so happy before bedtime, no wonder so reluctant to sleep early. hehe.

my kids cannot wake up late in the next morning. during holidays are worse! wake up at 6.45am!!

- Ling

Health Freak Mommy said...

Kids always love to be on their daddy and mummy's bed, don't they? Mine too and they just love sleeping tog with us.

Leona said...

She has such a cheeky cute grin on her face. Sharlene is definitely having fun!

Anonymous said...

Ha! She requested you to take picture of her! She's so cute! My boy will ask me to take picture of him frm time to time too!

slavemom said...

During sch hols, bedtime is delayed for my girl too. Sharlene's sure having a great pre-bedtime fun. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin