Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back To Office

I am back to work today after spending 5 consecutive days at home. It was a long stretch of holiday for me and during these few days I managed to get some shopping done. At least now I don’t have to worry about Sharlene’s CNY clothing. I’ve got her enough outfits and also a pair of shoes when we went to 1Utama, our favorite shopping mall again the other day. As usual I didn’t get myself anything. Tomorrow is New Year eve and in the event my bosses declare 1/2 day off tomorrow, I might just drop by the nearest shopping mall to get myself some new clothes. Yesterday we stayed at home the whole day and since CNY is just around the corner, we started spring-cleaning the house. Everyone in the house helped to clean up including Sharlene. I gave her a piece of cloth and she went around the house, wiped the table, chair, the wall and even her toys.

On the day after Christmas we made a day trip to Malacca. We reached there around noon, walked along the busy Jonker Street and stopped over at one of the less crowded restaurants for lunch. I bet you know what we had for lunch there. Yeah, you’re right...it’s the famous chicken rice balls.


Here's some of the dishes that we had on that day :

The Chicken Rice Balls - instead of serving the rice in its natural form, the rice is made into balls by hand.

A plate of roasted chicken and steamed chicken that was quite tasteless.

Steamed Otak-otak which was the most delicious dish amongst the lot.

Fish Balls and Wanton Soup. Sharlene didn't like the rice balls so she just filled her tummy with 4 of this huge fishballs.

6 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

The food is making me drool..haha. Gwen likes fishballs ALOT. Happy New Year to you and your family!!!!!

LittleLamb said...

The chicken rice make me hungry....

Enjoy

Happy new year to u n yr family.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I like fish ball. It must be very tasty.

Sharlene is so good girl. She is able to help you in doing the spring cleaning. For me, I only can do clenaing when Sarah has sleep, or else she will be very busy messing up my things.

slavemom said...

Sharlene's such a good helper. It's great that she can help out ard the hse. Good training. ;)
Mmmm... I really love those chic rice balls. Haven't had them for 3 yrs edi.
Happy New Year to u n ur family!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Oh boy, the food looks really good! Happy new year to you and your family!

Oliveoylz said...

The otak sure looks good...and yet to try the chicken rice balls...one day will definitely try!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin