Thursday, August 28, 2008

Her Recent Quotes

“I don’t want to friend you”

Do you find this phrase familiar? This is one of the most common words children like to say. Recently, I noticed Sharlene is very fond of saying this phrase when she’s unhappy with us. She will utter these few words, fold her arms together and show us her angry face when we don’t allow her to do certain things or when she gets scolding from us. She must have learnt this from pre-school as none of us at home speak to her like this. On one occasion after she said this phrase to me, I asked her “Why you don’t want to friend mummy?” she replied furiously, “I’m angry, I don’t want to friend naughty mummy, I want to friend xxxxxxxxxxxxx” (she named a few of her school friends). Oh my, she prefers her friends than mummy now. But kids being kids, they don’t mean to hurt us with their words and they will soon forget what they’ve just said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little girl reminds me about childhood times .. This was such a famous sentence among the girls :D Sometimes, I even used that on my hb too ..Haha!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Haha, both my gals love to say this phrase!

Administrator said...

my girl likes to say " mom, I am very cross with you...I am not going to be your friend ever again and dont talk to me "

Anonymous said...

Once a child starts going to school, this phrase will definitely stick in their little minds 1st...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin