Friday, August 29, 2008

Sharlene Can't Bear To See Her Nanny Go

Aunty YK is on leave this weekend. It has been more than a month since she last went home. Whenever she requests to be on leave, hubby will fetch her to her sister's house on Friday night and fetch her home again on Sunday night. Since the coming Monday is a public holiday, we will only fetch her back on Monday night.

After we had our dinner, I told Sharlene that Aunty YK is going home later. As I expected, she doesn't want her Aunty to go home. My poor girl's happy face suddenly became gloomy upon hearing what I've said to her. After much explanation to her, I brought her upstairs to the room while hubby helped Aunty YK to transfer her stuff to the car. She said goodbye to Aunty before she followed me to the room and half way climbing the stairs, she went down again to say goodbye and give a big hug to Aunty YK. Minutes later, she finally went into the room but before I could get her to brush her teeth, she opened the room door and went downstairs again. Guess what? she wants to see Aunty again. I quickly came out from the room and ran downstairs to stop them from going. Hubby and Aunty YK were already near the house gate. Sharlene came out and gave her Aunty hug hug again, said goodbye again and kissed her this time. Aiyoh! Sharlene is really attach to her nanny and sayang her so much. As she was almost crying, I quickly signaled them to leave the house fast.

Back to the room, she was very cooperative and did everything without protest. She dozed off very quickly after gulping down her bottle of milk. Guess she must be extremely tired today. I am going to rest early too, so I can have all the energy required to handle my hyperactive toddler tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh? Your nanny is local? And lives in?

Administrator said...

kids can grow very attached to the caregiver...well, part and parcel of growing up i suppose...

Fussy mum said...

Hi Sue, yes she's a local and lives in with us.

Health Freak Mommy said...

That shows her nanny is a very good nanny and sayang her a lot. How nice to have a live-in nanny.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin