Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hot Stone Massage

My SIL who is very fond of massage has signed up for 2 massage sessions during a roadshow conducted by a spa center recently. As I have never tried a body massage before and also out of curiousity, I followed my SIL to the spa center 2 Saturdays ago. We spent more than 3 hours in the spa center and here's the whole process of the massage session I experienced:-

1. First of all, we had a full body scrub using a mixture of sea salt and essential oil. This is an exfoliating treatment and it suppose to exfoliates the skin and leaves it feeling velvety soft.

2. After we had our whole body scrubbed, my SIL was wrapped with a hot blanket for about 15 - 20 mins. Whereas I was told to sit inside a cubicle with an infrared heater for about 15 mins. Both methods have the same effect. I felt terribly hot inside the cubicle as the infrared heater really raised my body temperature and made me sweat profusely.

3. Then, we took a shower to wash off the sea salt. After the shower, I can feel my skin is so soft and smooth. This scrub certainly helps to exfoliate and moisturise my skin.

4. Next, it was the hot stone massage. This is a massage that uses smooth, heated stones. They are black in colour and have different shapes and sizes.

I enjoyed hot stone massage the most, it was so soothing and relaxing form of massage. The heat of the stones helps muscles release more quickly. And it definitely helps to melt away tension and stress! Its always worth giving yourself a nice treat like this once in a while.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin