Thursday, April 17, 2008

My little Food Monster



Sharlene can't stop smiling when she gets to eat her favourite fruit. She loves bananas and sometimes she can take 2 or more in a day. I will buy bananas every Saturday when I do my weekly marketing and I have to keep the bunch of bananas on top of the fridge to prevent her from taking it. If I put it on the table, she will definitely take and finish the whole bunch if not half of it in a day! I tell you, she is crazy over bananas!


Bananas have loads of nutritional benefits and eating bananas for breakfast can help kids to have better brain power. Research has shown that this fruit can assist learning by keeping kids more alert. Further, this tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium, iron and fibre....so, try eating a banana today!



I am sure most kids love to eat eggs. How could anyone hate an egg? Sharlene and her 2 cousins find eggs so irresistible. Sharlene takes her hard boiled eggs and sometimes half-boiled without soya sauce every alternate days for breakfast. She gets to bring an egg to school every now and then. Look at the way she enjoys her egg at the pic shown above. She finished her egg and licked the cup clean.

Eggs are an excellent source of protein. Although protein is more concentrated around the yolk, there is in fact more protein in the albumen. Eggs are easy to prepare in a few different ways and most of all they are delicious! I love eggs too.

1 comment:

Health Freak Mommy said...

My gals eat an egg a day too. That's the best source of protein. It's good that Sharlene loves to eat healthy food.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin